Thursday 20 June 2013

Completing each other's... sandwiches?

As per usual, I learnt an important lesson from an American Sit-com. 

I have a problem with closure. 

(In other words, things have to be finished, or I get all Sheldon Cooper.) 

I hate when someone tries to say something, stops mid-sentence, and then completely changes the topic. Like, seriously, just finish your sentence. 

But sometimes, it's a lot more serious. 

If someone's started something, like a project, and they stop half way through, it bugs me. If I've put time and energy into something, and then half way along the line, we just stop, I get frustrated. And it's happened so many times to me. Why start something that you know, mid-way through, you're going to stop because it's going to fail or you can't fund it. If you know it might not work out the way you want, don't bother trying and let people down. It's not worth it. 

It's even more serious with unfinished business. For example, if I have a bit of trouble with someone, and we've parted ways before I've had chance to say what I've wanted to say, I literally get full of rage. Again, it happens a lot more than people expect. (I have a lot of enemies who walk away too easily, put simply.)

I am the sort of person who,  despite something going obviously wrong, I'll see it through until the end. Because, even if it does go horribly wrong, I've still had the chance to see it through, rather than giving up and wondering what could've been. 

The only exception to all this is when I say 'I'm going to get fit and exercise'. That's usually the only thing I don't see through fully. 

To finish off this blog (see what I did there?) I couldn't find an appropriate song, simply a video clip demonstrating the exact frustration I have with my issues regarding closure. 

From The Big Bang Theory. Naturally. American Sit-Coms have all the answers. 

A scene from The Big Bang Theory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment