Sunday 3 June 2012

Life's a happy song...



As the name of the post may suggest, I'm in a good mood. 


It doesn't happen very often. I'd embrace it. 


But yes, there are many reasons to my excellent mood. 


The weather is not one of them.


'So'. I hear you cry. 'Why are you in such a good mood?' 


There are many reasons for my good mood. 

  • IT'S SUMMER. NO MORE UNI WORK.
  • I've met a lovely fella. 
  • I've had a lovely, stress-free couple of days.
SUMMER 2012: 

It's finally summer. 3 months of freedom where I can do anything I like, as long as it's on the bus or train route from where I live and not illegal or life threatening. There is so much that I plan to do over the next 3 months that my head begins to hurt just thinking about it. Places to go, people to see. I want to see at least 3 different pieces of live theatre before I go back to Uni, simply because I want to 'Broaden my horizons' before the next two years of hard work. There is a touring production of 'Dirty Dancing' which I might take my sister to see, and I wouldn't mind paying a visit to the National Theatre to see some theatre there. 

But, before I can plan all of these shenanigans, I need to have money which, at the moment, I have little of. Which means I need to get off my lazy bottom and find myself a job, something which has always daunted me. I'm rubbish around people, and making good first impressions is a tricky thing for me to do, so you can imagine how much fun job interviews are. But, in the absence of getting a job, I always have my trump card: Busking. 

Yeah, I know what you;'re thinking.. 'If you don't like job interviews, how the hell are you going to manage busking?' 

EASILY: I just find a friend to do it with me and it's much less daunting. 

MY LOVELY FELLA: 

Well, I say lovely. He'll do, for now. 

No, but seriously, I've finally managed to sort my life out enough to find myself a rather lovely man. We're one of those couple that are irritating because we just insult each other and don't shut up, then when we're apart, we're still texting each other. We've spent a lot of time together, and it's lovely... Even if he does hate Glee and thinks that Nandos is mediocre.

And I've overused the word 'lovely'. 

STRESS FREE: 

I never have  more than two days without stress. Ever. Which is probably why I'm always complaining and in a bad mood. 

BUT NOT LATELY. I've had a week or so with no stress and no problems. It's been lovely. I've got the internet in my room, so I don't have to sit and wait three hours for my little netbook to load. I've been floating arounf with my head in the clouds and I don't care. It's been lovely. 

I know that eventtually somethings going to come along and cause me more stress, but I don't care at the moment, I'm happy with things right now and I'm not complaining. 

So, to finish of my happy mood, I'm going to finish with a song from the Muppet Movie, which is also the name of this blog (I'm doing that a lot lately)

Keep chilling. 

Life's a happy song - The Muppet Movie 

No comments:

Post a Comment