Tuesday 26 June 2012

'Nothing good ever happens after 2am'

I always have late night epiphanies. 


Whether they be incredible thoughts as to how to solve a problem...


Or an 'OHMYGODIHATEMYLIFEANDEVERYONEINITIWILLSITINMYBEDANDCRYFOREVER.' epiphany. 


But, the other day, I was sitting on my sofa, with a cup of tea, watching 'How I Met Your Mother'. Now, incase you don't watch it, the show is about a Guy in Manhattan, New York and is telling his kids the story of how he met their mother. And each story has some kind of moral attached to it, or a 'Wives tale'. This particular episode had a motto that his mother had taught him: 'Nothing good ever happens after 2am'. 


Now, I know it's a fictional T.V. programme and some weirdo in an office with a computer probably thought that up after hours of thinking. But, it still got me thinking: "They've got a point. Nothing I've ever done after 2am has ever been a good idea." Of course, they exaggerated it on the show, but it still made sense to me. 


Let's face it, most of the time when I'm awake at 2am, I'm either sitting in my room eating something and talking to someone on Skype, or I'm out getting drunk. The first of which is the most common. 


Now, in HIMYM, they show Ted, the main guy, using his 'After 2am brain' to go and see a girl, whilst he already has a Girlfriend, who is currently in Germany. I should just point out, the plot is probably deeper than I'm making out, I've just been awake a long time and really can't be bothered to spell out the whole plot for you. If you're interested, then go and watch it. I recommend it. 


ANYWAY, the 2am brain is the thing that makes you do stupid things after 2am. To quote the show: "If it's after 2am, just go to sleep." This is advice I should be taking. You see, after 2am, your brain starts to lose any logic it retained. In my case, not much. And you start to do things without thinking. It's kind of like being drunk on tiredness. 


So, kids, if you ever find yourself in a situation after 2am and you feel it can only go wrong, just go to sleep. 


Sleep well and such.


The Chordettes - Mr Sandman

1 comment:

  1. Pahahahhahaa cracked me up as its sooo true! Such a common thing for me also! Cxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete